Administrative Restoration Services
Sometimes, a company will be dissolved due to non-compliance. This can happen if you file your documents late or not at all. In 2006, Companies House introduced the process of administrative restoration to restore companies that have been dissolved or struck off.
Administrative Restoration can be used if:
- The company was removed from the register and dissolved by the Registrar of Companies in the last six years.
- The person applying for restorative administration used to be one of the shareholders or directors.
- The company was trading when it dissolved.
- The company was struck off under section 1000 or 1001 of the Companies Act 2016.
If the company was dissolved voluntarily, administrative restoration is not applicable, in this case, the business would need to follow a court order restoration route.
Applying forAdministrative Restoration
Administrative restoration is dealt with by the Registrar of Companies at Companies House. To process your application Companies House must be provided with the following information:
- An RT01 form (the application for administrative restoration)
- A cheque payable to Companies House for £100
- Outstanding documents, e.g. annual statements (including any documents that were due when the company dissolved and those that would have been due since)
- Payment of any penalties or filing fees
- A waiver letter from Bona Vacantia will be required if your company had assets
Companies House will process the application within approximately two weeks. If successful, your company will be put back on the register and will be deemed to have continued in existence as it had never been struck off the register. However, references about the dissolving/restoration of the business will be available to the public on the Company House website.
If unsuccessful, there are other options available such as a court order, grant or the formation of a new company.
How we can help you
Late or incorrect financial reports are responsible for many businesses being struck off the register. If your company has already been struck off the register, you do not want to cause even more harm to your business by make the same mistake twice.
As an international accountancy firm, our professional consultants at More Group are experienced in producing financial statements and are efficient at meeting deadlines. Our experts can help you get your business back on track; we can create and submit the application to Companies House on your behalf.
The application process can be demanding for business owners, and our clients appreciate the reassurance they feel from not being responsible for this. If you need help in applying for administrative restoration, call us today and book a free consultation.