Learn how your business could save on VAT spent on goods and services bought in the EU
Non-resident businesses operating in countries in which they are not established or VAT-registered can end up spending significant amounts of expenses in the form of VAT paid on goods and services bought on EU soil.
This means, when a company based outside Europe sends its employees for business trips, these latter tend to incur expenses such as transportation costs, accommodation bills, catering etc, that might have an inclusion of a percentage of Tax added to the original cost of the goods or service. It is the company’s right to claim this VAT back since they are not based in the EU.
What can be taxed with VAT?
Countries generally exempt exports from VAT. So, when you buy merchandise or other goods as a tourist, what you take home is considered an export. Accordingly, you are entitled to a refund for the VAT portion of the price.
On the other hand, when you stay in a hotel or eat a restaurant meal, those services are consumed locally rather than exported. Accordingly, tourists are not entitled to VAT refunds on those purchases.
Some of the most common expenses for which non-resident businesses incur VAT include:
- Employee travel and accommodation
- Service charge from suppliers
- Co-location costs
- Import VAT from goods imported across borders
- Clinical trains
- Local purchase of goods
How can I refund the VAT I paid?
At More Group, we truly believe that by putting our clients first and by listening to what they want, we can deliver the highest possible standards of customer care. We work closely with our clients to ensure we deliver high quality and customer focused services.
Similarly, we can help you reduce your tax costs with the following:
- As part of More Group’s vision, we look to provide our clients proactive tax support, and ensure all their tax structures are efficient and feasible in terms of costs.
- Our efficient brand-new services help you claim your VAT on your purchases back. In fact, More Group’s talented consultants thrive to derive tax-effective solutions for you and your business.
- More Group is committed to assure you the best VAT refund experience, allowing you to increase your profitability throughout the years. Our client’s satisfaction is what matters and we truly believe that once choosing our services, you will not think about it twice to use them again.
- We offer a transparent, standardised and an efficient approach and solution for our clients to recover foreign VAT in a very cost-effective manner. Also, you benefit good advice from indirect tax specialists who possess significant VAT technical knowledge and global experience
- While we recover your tax for you, the following documents are all that we require from your end so that we can provide you with an efficient service:
- a. Registration Form
- b. Letter of Engagement
- c. Invoices and receipts of the expenses during the business trip
- d. Commercial registration certificate of the company
- This experience is to be considered as a long-term relationship with our customers, not only will they get to enjoy benefits from the service, but also have opportunity to share their ideas and remarks to improve it.
We look forward to helping you with your concerns regarding recovering your VAT expenses. Please do not hesitate in contacting one of our specialised tax consultants today.
Note: The information should not be construed as legal or other advice as it designed as an information source only © More Group 2018. All rights reserved.