USA Self Assessment Tax Return

Who should file

US personal tax returns?

USA personal tax returns should disclose your income worldwide and be submitted by:

  • USA citizens residing in America

  • USA citizens living abroad

  • Greencard holders

  • Tax residents

  • Non-residents who are in the US more than 183 days a year


The tax return procedures for USA residents living in the country or abroad are similar. Tax filing for non-residents, however, is more complicated. If a foreign national does not have a social security number, they will need to obtain an individual taxpayer identification number to use for their tax return. There are also some groups such as low-income earners, and children do not have to submit tax returns.


Charges for

late tax return filing

Following the above dates, if you fail to file and pay, you will face a surcharge which will be added to the total tax due as follows:


Length of Delay and Amount Payable

2 Months = 5% of the tax due or €12,695, whichever is the lesser amount

Over 2 Months = 10% of the tax due or €63,485, whichever is the lesser amount

Tax law also provides for both civil penalties and criminal sanctions for the failure to make a return, the making of a false return, facilitating the making of a false return or claiming tax credits or allowances which are not due.

Interest & penalties for

late tax return filing

If you do not pay the tax you owe for the previous tax year on time, the more you delay, the more you will be required to pay.

How we can help you?

We understand that managing your tax affairs and keeping on top of all the latest tax rules can be challenging. We have a dedicated team of self assessment tax accountants, who can support you in all aspects of managing your tax affairs, including self-assessment. As part of our on-going management of your self-assessment tax returns, we will provide you with a proactive and personal service to develop a tailored tax planning solution that complies with regulations, maximises your wealth and ensures that you are fully prepared to meet all self-assessment deadlines.

Looking for a US Self Assessment Tax Accountant?

Discuss your Tax Return filing needs In detail with our dedicated Self Assessment Tax Return Team today!

Call Us on 020 7648 8950 



  • LinkedIn

Terms and Conditions  Privacy Policy  Cookies Policy


© 2021 More Group LTD. All rights reserved.

Offices in UK and Ireland. Associated businesses in Netherlands, UAE, and USA. Registered UK Office: More Group (Accounting) Limited, 65 Compton Street, London, EC1V 0BN Registered in UK & Wales with Company Number: 08282882 Directors: M.Conroy FCCA ACA Chartered Tax Adviser FFA FFTA and D.Mould FCCA FAIA CMgr MCMI Registered Ireland Office: Distillery Buildings, Lauragh IDA, Bandon, Co. Cork More Group is the registered business name (no. 535859) of Moretogether (Ireland) Limited, Registered in Ireland with Company Number 5503860 Directors: M.Conroy FCCA ACA Chartered Tax Adviser FFA FFTA (British), D. Mould FCCA FAIA CMgr MCMI (British) and Lee Fox.




Website by Divergent Path.